Friday, February 3, 2012

LVF Monthly Update: February!

Oh child, I've been out of commission and I apologize! January has been filled with tons of birthday activities that have been keeping me incredibly busy and thus have made any sort of updates on LVF very  slow. But now let's get on with some updates and soon to be posts!

First up, this month's coordinate is featuring the ever awesome Ellejay of Sherry and Cookies. I consider her to be one of my best out of town friends and I miss her incredibly! This Teddy Bear's Cafe coordinate is stunning, casual and fun! I love the edition of the hat and the donut bag is always a plus with the print. In terms of this movies Lolita Video, I actually chose a vintage trailer instead! If I haven't said it enough here, I love The Swan Princess. It's probably one of the most underrated animated movies of all time, with very few flaws and fantastic music/animation for an independent studio flick. If you need your Swan Princess fix, a while ago I made a Dress Up Time with the princess herself, Odette.

In other news, my birthday happened only a few short weeks ago! I turned the ever non-impressive 22 (or at this point I'm just adding numbers, so I turned 4 actually!). To celebrate my birthday, I began with a small group of pals got together to celebrate not only mine but my beautiful friend Crystal's birthday, with karaoke and seeing our favorite Disney movie, Beauty and the Beast on the big screen. Sadly I didn't get to take a lot of pictures since I was busy being a hostess and singing 80's rock ballads like View to a Kill with extreme passion. There was one photo snapped of me and the other birthday girl, sadly with my hair looking not so great due to the weather, but here it is none the less!

Birthday Party 2012

On Monday the 23rd was then my actual birthday, and I celebrated with my amazing boyfriend Brian! We spent the day mostly at my house cuddling, with him being a good sport and letting us watch together not one but 7 episodes of Jem and The Holograms Season 1! I'm a lucky lady to have such a glitter accepting boyfriend. Then we ended the day by going into New York, having dinner at Aspen Social Club (aka Gaston's Tavern) and seeing (for my 9th time and his first) Phantom of the Opera starring my favorite Broadway Phantom, Hugh Panaro. It was truly a magical night that I'll soon not forget! 

I was also treated the next day by my mother to seeing War Horse at Lincoln Center! I can't recommend this show enough and how it's a must see if you go to New York or London. The movie was incredible, the book was one of my favorites as a child, but the play is the best of all the three versions. It's a sight to be seen in person and can't really express the impressive nature through video, though seeing this is adorable regardless.

But what is up next for LVF? I'm very excited to be celebrating Valentine's Day with friends, along with going to various shows and concerts in the coming months. Like...
- L'arc~en~ciel at Madison Square Garden
- Newsies on Broadway with my lovely friend Bianca 
- Jesus Christ Superstar with my boyfriend
Yes. Lots of things are happening! 
Did I also mention I'll be going to Anime Boston in April too? So pumped! 

BUT what about the frills? There are some new additions to my wardrobe on their way, and I'm incredibly excited for them to arrive! I'll definitely be wearing them all the time at the events I'm going to.

Enough about me! What are you all up to? I hope something fun and magical none the less! Keep looking at LVF for more new content to come. I'm getting pumped myself for it!


No comments:

Post a Comment